Tomago Aluminium’s Rod Shop provides the aluminium smelter with anodes for use in the pot lines. Existing legacy PLCs are being progressively replaced to improve maintainability and performance. Existing serial communications networks are also being replaced with Ethernet and the HMI upgraded.
For each machine in the Rod Shop, Alliance Automation’s scope includes
- Produce a Functional Analysis documenting the functionality of existing and proposed controls.
- Investigate opportunities to improve machine operation.
- Rewrite PLC code in accordance with the client’s standards and current best practice.
- Configure existing HMI to interface to the new PLCs.
- Create software simulation of machine operation to verify controller operation prior to installation.
- Prepare cut-over and commissioning documentation.
- Assist with commissioning.