Alliance Automation was engaged by a leading aggregate, concrete and concrete pipe and products supplier to deliver a safety driven upgrade to a precast concrete manufacturing plant in Newcastle.
The safety project was initiated to install a conveyor system to assist with pipe handling. Alliance Automation were engaged to deliver the complete Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls scope for the project.
The scope of works included:
- Specifying and determining the electrical requirement for the project.
- Supply and installation foe Form 2 MCC.
- Design of the electrical System
- Specification of Field Devices and Safety Instrumentation
- Design of the Functional Safety system including verification and validation activities
- Rockwell PLC and HMI configuration
- Site installation and Commissioning
The conveyor system met all requirements and the overall system functions as intended. The system sets a new standard in safety handling of precast pipes.