The control system replacement project was aimed at providing the mine’s operational staff with a modern wash plant control operator interface, industry standard control platform, upgraded control wiring with greater fault discrimination while performing the upgrade in a short time frame.
Alliance Automation, working closely with our client achieved this by:
- Designing and manufacturing complete drop in replacement PLC panels for the existing cabinets.
- Designing ring topology fibre network for the control system PLC and SCADA.
- Review and optimise plant control software functional design
Alliance Automation was engaged to replace the existing DCS system for the ROM, CHPP and Product coal handling systems including
- Electrical design and manufacture
- Control System Design
- PLC/SCADA development and Factory Acceptance Testing